Sunday, September 28, 2008

My first trip to Disney world!

Finally after months and months and several reschedules I got to go to Disney World for the first time!  I had soo much fun and I can't wait to tell you all about my trip.

We left Friday night at about 5:30 pm.  The last thing I remember is falling asleep at Grandma's house and then all of the sudden I am halfway to Orlando in a car seat.  I wasn't sure that I like it so much (plus I made my diaper "not so fresh") so I decided to let mom and dad know that I was awake.  I cried and they pulled over at a rest stop.  They changed my diaper right there on the front seat because the bathroom was dee-scuz-ting.

I decided that Daddy was driving to slow so I was going to give it a try!

I got tired driving pretty quickly so I turned it back over to dad.  Mom got in the back seat and rode the rest of the way with me.

When we got to the hotel, mommy went to check us in and daddy took me to find some diaper rash gel (because he forgot it at home and didn't want to tell mommy...so if you see her, keep it a secret).  Before mommy could even finish checking us in, dad spent $100 on toys for me (I hope he didn't dip into my inheritance).  Anyway, he got me this cool hat:



it has a tail!


This cute bear that has a bib that says "my first Disney Bear" 

(he explained to mommy "how could I NOT buy it?"  Plus I got a stuffed Tigger, and some sunglasses! All of that was great, but you know what?  To this day, he never did get me my butt rash medicine!  

Our Hotel was way cool.  It had a sports theme.  We were in the Tennis building.


We hit the sack pretty early because we were all exhausted from packing up the car (I mostly supervised and made sure they didn't forget any of my essentials, all and all they brought the following):
  1. Pack and Play
  2. Jumperoo
  3. Door Swing
  4. play mat
  5. Spider Man couch
  6. Mini Piano
  7. Drums
  8. toybox literally full of every toy I ever owned
  9. My stroller
  10. Baby bjorn pouch
When it was all said and done they did a great job because I played with almost everything.

I woke them up bright and early the next morning at 6 am because I was so excited to get to the park.  I was bummed when I found out the park didn't open until 9.  Stubbornly I went with them to eat some breakfast and THEN we headed to the Magic Kingdom.  We got on the bus, and that was an experience.  I've never been on a bus before.  

After what seemed like and eternity we made it to the magic kingdom.  WOW, what a place!  There were people everywhere, and a castle and horses and so much it was almost overwhelming.   



So I didn't the most logical thing I could think of:


When I woke up it was time for rides.  Mom and dad had a long discussion over what my very first ride, on my very first trip to Disney world should be.  They settled on a classic!


I'd never been on a boat before.....wow, a bus and a boat in one day....lots of firsts on this trip!  I LOVED IT!  I laughed and giggled most of the way (man, does that song get stuck in your head or what?) 

After It's a small world we headed for Winnie the Pooh and Friends.  

That ride was really fun too.  After all of this fun I was exhausted.  We got back on the bus and headed back to the hotel where Grandma met us.  We all took naps and then I spent the rest of the afternoon with grandma while mom and dad relaxed for a bit.  

I got a little fussy because I missed mom and dad.  Daddy came by to put me to bed but then I woke up at 3 o'clock and he wasn't there, I freaked out again.  Grandma called daddy to come and get me.  I stayed up until 5 am then fell asleep.  I woke up at 6:45 to the grunts and groans of mom and dad.  Then packed everything up and we hopped in the car.  I fell asleep in the car and slept for about an hour.  Daddy pulled the car over so mom could ride in the back with me again.  She asked me if I had fun on the trip and I told her "YES!"  I had so much fun, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face!




Here is a slideshow of my whole trip!!!


No comments: