Saturday, June 11, 2016

"That's how it's done son"

Dad took me bowling the other day and I decided to teach him a lesson.  In the first game, I came out hot and was whoopin' his tail early.

Got this one on the bag
But I got cocky and let him come back and beat me.  Then it occurred to me that it isn't really fair that dad get's to use a big heavy ball that sends the pins flying and I use a small little one.  So I set the rules up for the second game that we both had to use the same size ball.  Things were a little different and he wasn't so cocky this time.

We had a back and forth match going when it all came down to the 10th frame.  I knew I needed to do something good to solidify my lead.
my approach



The release.....

and......STRIKE!!!  I knew I had him now and do you know what I said when I came back to the desk?

"That's how it's done son!"


Dad hung his head in defeat and then tried to talk to me about good sportsmanship but it just sounded like some mumbo jumbo that a loser would say.  I thanked dad for the game and then got an icee to savor my victory.  I'm just gonna leave this right here....

Am I too young to say "ass whoopin' "?

No comments: