Monday, June 17, 2013

THE DAY AFTER FATHERS DAY 2013

I don't really know why I stopped updating your blog, it just sort of happened.  I think because the original intention was to keep people updated on you growing up and social media like Facebook and stuff made it a lot easier to do that.  Anyway, I want to start updating this again so someday you can look back on it and know what was going on.


Today is the day after fathers day 2013 which makes you five years old.  In just a couple of weeks you will be starting kindergarten and that is almost an impossible thought to comprehend.  We live in Tallahassee right now, been here about 6 months, and you have handled the transition flawlessly.  (A lot better than you your mother did that's for sure).  We've done a lot of cool stuff since we have been here, you went to your first FSU basketball game that was won on a last second buzzer beater, we went to your first FSU baseball game which was won on a 10th inning walk off home run, you've been to birthday parties, on a Disney cruise, climbed a rope course at the museum and met a bunch of new friends at your school.

Anyway, last night, you and mom headed down to "the bottom of Florida" to visit with Gram and DD for a week.  Since you guys were leaving I got to spend the morning with you yesterday and we did our favorite Sunday activity, Fun Station.  You love to play mini golf and then ride the go-carts.  This morning, you started kicking my butt in golf before I got it together on the back 9.  Check out the scorecard"



After golf, we rode the go-karts which you just LOVE!!  We ride them together because you're not tall enough to ride them yet but you can't get enough of them.  We rode 6 races in a row today which was enough to make my foot fall asleep.  You were bragging because we were in first place 5 times in a row!  Then we went inside and played some games.  You won enough tickets to get 10 lolipops and were over the moon excited.  One thing that struck me that morning was when I was buying you a slushy at the snack counter, the girl working at the counter, who was a teenager, said "happy father's day, I bet you'd rather be pretty much anywhere besides here".  I just nodded and smiled but honestly there was absolutely NOWHERE, I would have rather been that morning than spending it playing and laughing with you.  Thanks for the best fathers day so far!!  A couple of more pics below:




No comments: